The right kind of lighting for your home or residence can make or break the appeal and ambiance of the room. Effective lighting provides you with adequate viewing without being too hard or straining on the eyes.
This is why lighting is important for any part of a room as it sets the right mood or tone for the area you want to be in. Bedroom lights are no different and perhaps one of the most important aspects of your bedroom. There are various types of lighting available for bedrooms.
Downlights are one such lighting option where the light source is fixed to an area such as ceiling or walls and projects light onto a specific area. They are most commonly used as secondary sources of lighting.
How To Choose The Best Downlights For Your Bedroom？
There are various types of downlights available for you to use in your bedroom. Typically as a general rule of thumb, you want to set up at least one downlight for each 1.4 sq. m of your room.
You should also keep in mind that these types of lights are generally used as secondary sources of lighting and you should always have the main primary lighting source you want.
Most people use downlights for accenting or highlighting different parts of the room. Some even use them as a primary lighting option by using a combination of multiple downlights together.
Thus, you should know the type of effect you are after. This will help you in choosing your downlights accordingly.
If you are looking for a cosy or relaxing atmosphere, you might want to set up your downlights as an addition to your primary lights, where you can have them switched on alone to create a warm ambiance.
If you want to go full in, you can always have your primary lights set up with your downlights for a brighter feel. If you usually do not carry out important work in your bedroom, you might want to chuck out on primary lights altogether and install multiple downlights in your bedroom.
In this article, we are going to talk about choosing the best downlights for your bedroom, their placements and last but not least, review the best downlights for bedroom you can find on Amazon.
1. TORCHSTAR Recessed Dimmable Led Downlights
This TORCHSTAR Recessed dimmable led downlight provides high quality recessed lighting and helps to illuminate every single space of your bedroom.
It requires a very low clearance space and the lights can be dimmed accordingly to set the ambiance in the room. The light is IC rated and is permitted to be in contact with ceiling insulations safely.
- The lighting effect can be dimmed
- Only 2 inches of clearance space needed
- The clips provided make the lights easy to install on ceilings
- The clips provided do not fit into arched ceilings
- The brackets are made out of plastic
2. Ensenior led recessed downlight
This 12 pack of 6 inches recessed ceiling light comes with its own junction box and is ETL and Energy Star certified. It is ultra-thin and makes for a perfect choice for narrow spaces and corridors.
- Wide range of color temperatures which come in useful for deciding the ambiance of a place
- The Led chips used are made up of advanced lumens which provide users with high brightness
- The lights are easy to install on ceilings with the spring clips present
- Some users reported the lights getting duller with time
- The price is a bit too high for Led lights in this range
3. Hykolity LED Recessed Lighting
This 12 pack of Led recessed lighting comes with a baffled trim and is energy certified. The lights are dimmable and provide consistent brightness with time.
- Cost effective
- The CRI technology used gives off almost natural sunlight like lighting
- The lights come with its own adaptor and connector for easy installation
- The manufacturer is not a well known one
- The light brackets do not fit easily into the ceiling
4. Lightdot led recessed down light
This temperature adjustable downlight from Lightdot comes in a pack of 6 and has its own junction box. The lights have smooth dimming control and make the perfect choice for secondary lighting sources.
- At 12 watts, you get 1500 lumens of light
- The dimming function is smooth and effective
- The company offers you 5 years warranty on parts
- The connecting wires are of poor quality and break easily
- Not very energy efficient when used in a combination of secondary lights
5. Brillihood led panel downlight
Ultrathin and round ceiling downlights which are equal to incandescent lighting and come in a pack of 10.
- The light is very bright and almost equivalent to sunlight
- Very energy efficient
- The acrylic panel makes the light soft to the eyes
- The lights are non-dimmable
- The spring clips provided are a hassle to install
6. TORCHSTAR Recessed Ceiling Light
This 16 pack of downlight from Torchstar, a reputed brand in lighting, provides you with 5000K daylight and has its own junction box.
- Very high brightness and provides you with 850 lumens of light
- It is easy to install and only requires about 2 inches of clearance space
- The dimming operation is smooth
- The lighting panels break easily
- Hiding the junction boxes can be a problem for some users
7. Best Downlights For Bedroom By JMEXSUSS
The JMEXSUSS window curtain string light has a remote control which you can use to turn the window curtain string lights on and off. Apart from that, there are also 8 modes setting which you can use to change the color of the lights according to your personal preferences.
The best downlights for bedrooms are perfectly simple and easy to use as you only need to plug in the lights and turn them on using the remote control provided.
- The lights can be easily turned on and off by a push of a button by using a remote control.
- There is an auto-timer which you can set to enable the lights to be turned on for a specific duration.
- The lights are completely waterproof so you don’t have to worry about rain.
- High quality LED lights.
- There is a total of 8 modes of lights which you can choose from.
- Perfect decoration for Christmas and Valentine’s Day.
- The lights can be set to a twinkling mode for attractiveness.
- The strings of lights are long and wide.
- The lights are durable and can be used for a long time to decorate your bedroom, garden, restaurant, show as well as the party.
- The brightening of the lights lasts for about 8 hours.
- The lights can be easily plugged in using a US standard outlet.
- The colors of the lights are quite limited.
- The brightness of the lights is fixed and it cannot be adjusted.
- The lights can only be controlled when you point the remote control directly towards the power plug.
8. Twinkle Star LED Window Curtain String Lights
The Twinkle Star LED Window Curtain String Lights has eight different illumination settings that can be adjusted to suit your mood. This will also give you the freedom to customize the ambiance of the space where you choose to hang these lights at.
Apart from that, the Twinkle Star LED Window Curtain String Lights is also one of the best downlights for bedroom. This is because the lights are designed to be able to have the capability to withstand water spills and light rain which makes it perfect for indoor as well as outdoor.
- It can be used for a variety of purposes such as used as decoration to decorate a Christmas tree, wedding, or a birthday party.
- The window curtain string lights are very durable so it may be used for a long time.
- It has eight different illumination settings that can be adjusted according to your mood.
- It is simple and very easy to use as you only need to directly plug into a standard US power outlet to turn it on.
- The window curtain string lights are completely waterproof so it is perfect for both indoor as well as outdoor use.
- The satisfaction of customers is guaranteed and you will have the chance to get your money back if you are not satisfied with the quality of the lights.
- The remote control is not available and the lights cannot be controlled with remote control.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE:
9. GYTF Curtains Lights with Sound Activated
The GYTF Curtains Lights is one of the best downlights for bedrooms. This is because the brightness of the lights can be controlled automatically by music or any sound when you turn on the synchronization of the light with music. You may turn this functionality on by pressing the button that has the label “1-4” on it.
The best led downlights for home will then be synchronized with the music and you will be able to enjoy your favorite song together with some cool lights.
Apart from that, the curtains lights are also able to be powered by a USB and all you need to do is to plug in the USB interface device like a power bank and you will be able to have your curtains lights anywhere you want.
- The GYTF curtain lights have an updated timer function that can create different types of ambiance to fit your mood of the day.
- The curtains lights will automatically be turned on for 6 hours and it will be turned off for 18 hours every 24 hours to save electricity.
- The curtains lights are super bright as it is a high-quality product.
- The curtain’s lights are perfectly safe to be touched.
- 10 on-string hooks will be included together with the curtain lights to make it easier to hang the curtains lights.
- You will not be able to set the lights fixed to only one color.
10. Twinkle Star 300 LED Downlights
The Twinkle Star 300 LED Downlights is considered by many to be the best downlights for bedroom.
The reasons for this are because the bedroom led downlights to have a satisfaction guarantee which will be very helpful later if you are not satisfied with the quality of the lights. You just need to give their customer service a call and you will be able to get your money back.
Apart from that, the Twinkle Star 300 LED Downlights also has strings of high-quality lights which will be a perfect decoration for your Christmas tree, birthday party as well as a wedding day.
The best downlights for home are also easy to use as you just need to plug it into a standard US power outlet to turn it on.
- Customer satisfaction is guaranteed or you will be able to get your money back if you are not satisfied with the lights. You only need to call customer service to get your money back.
- The lights are completely waterproof so it can be used indoor as well as outdoor.
- Perfect downlights to make your decorations such as a Christmas tree to look more attractive.
- There are 8 modes of lights which you can choose to suit the mood of an event.
- The lights have a high level of brightness.
- The lights cannot be controlled with remote control.
- The lights cannot be powered by a USB interface device.
How far should downlights be spaced?
After correctly determining the downlights needed to illuminate a room, draw the diagram for the lighting system of the bedroom. This way, you can define the lighting design of your downlights.
Once the diagram is ready, we will begin with the temporary arrangement of the downlight. Remember, you should always place the downlights close to the walls first as they will act as a guide to position the other downlights in the correct space.
A good rule of thumb in spacing best downlights for bedroom is to place downlights close to walls at least 1 meter apart to prevent light cones from forming on the surrounding walls.
Once you have temporarily arranged all four downlights, you can determine the other lights’ spacing.
Suppose you are seeking to install downlights capable of emitting a beam of 30 degrees, the correct spacing between lights to prevent dark areas from forming is about 1 meter.
This distance can vary depending on the downward beam and the desired effect.
After determining the optimal distances for downlights, let’s take a closer look at how proper lighting can be achieved in different house rooms.
Do LED Downlights Get Hot?
LED downlights get hot, but not as hot as other bulb options. When the lamp is pointed up or down, it tends to run cooler than a horizontal lamp on the floor.
This is because the heat rises and escapes more easily and quickly than if it were on the appliance side. However, using an LED on the side is still correct and safe.
Each LED light has a heat sink. This zone is intended to extract heat from the bulb during operation. And it can get very hot, enough to burn. So, avoid touching the LED light when it is on. The best advice is to wait until the lamp has cooled down to eradicate it.
Although the temperature is much lower than that of other bulbs, it is not a good idea to remove them while they are hot. Be careful when changing the hot lamp.
They are not as hot as halogen, incandescent, and compact fluorescent lamps, but they still leave small burns and should be avoided.
The heat sink inclusion in the lamp design to ensure safety and keep electrical components cool. Touching it can leave your mark. The heat sink also absorbs heat and releases it into the air to cool it down.
Is The LED Downlight Safe?
One of the main problems with LEDs has to do with red LEDs, one of the oldest types on the market. These red LEDs are made from AGA (Gallium Aluminum Arsenide), which is toxic in concentrated amounts.
Exposure to this substance in work vision equipment or direct contact with defective light bulbs can be harmful. Side effects of AGA toxicity include respiratory, kidney, and reproductive problems in laboratory studies. The lead content in red LEDs is toxic, even with direct exposure, and should be avoided.
Red lights aren’t the only ones with problems: white LEDs contain high levels of nickel, an allergen in some people, and copper, which can be very harmful to the environment if LEDs are not properly disposed of and handled.
The use of such heavy metals could be avoided and replaced by other compounds and materials, but this would also drive up the price, and, as we know, the result is often the biggest problem for manufacturers.
The good news is that direct exposure to these types of materials requires light bulbs or direct inhalation of the heavy metal fumes from the fracture.
Downlights help you to set the lighting and tone of the area that you are in. They are an ideal choice for people looking for inexpensive and small sources of lighting for their bedroom.
Also downlights can be set up in patterns or designs to incorporate a more aesthetic appeal. Get downlights now for your bedroom and watch your favorite space transform into your favorite emotions and ambiance.
In a nutshell, these are some of the best downlights for your bedroom. However, these best downlights for bedroom may also be used to create a happy and exciting atmosphere in your house and you may also use these downlights during special events such as Christmas, birthday party and a wedding party.
Most of the downlights are waterproof so you don’t have to worry about the lights if it’s raining outside as it can be used indoor as well as outdoor.
So that’s it guys, I appreciate your time reading and I hope that you gain a lot of beneficial information which may be able to help you to determine which downlights will be the best for you.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE:
FAQ Of Best Downlights For Bedroom:
If you’re wondering how to position your downlights for the bedroom properly, you’ve come to the right place. One or more downlights can be placed to illuminate a specific point in a room, or multiple downlights can be combined to illuminate an entire room.
Careful consideration must be given to how many lights you will need and where to place them to achieve the desired result.
To get a rough idea, one downlight for every 1.2 square meters provides a high illumination level. To calculate numbers and spacing more accurately, you need to consider everything from room decor to the intended use.
You can experiment with a variety of places to install downlights in your bedroom. Usually, you should be looking at areas that are not blocked by any objects and face your bed or tables directly.
The area you choose to install your downlights depends on the type of downlights you are getting for your bedroom. For example, a surface mounted downlight needs to be installed on ceilings or walls where they project the light onto a wide area.
Concealed downlights are usually placed behind objects such as beds or tables where the lighting effect is ambient and indirect. To avoid getting your areas incorrect, it is advised to install downlights right above your bed or on the four corners of your ceiling.
If you want a more detailed approach, you can always take the help of an expert who can determine the best available areas for you.