Top 10 Best Freestanding Bathtub Faucets (2021 Reviews)
With new modern bathroom design and ideas, considering the best freestanding bathtub faucets may be the best solution for you. That is because it’s elegant design adds a functional designer flair to the bathroom.
Paired with a traditional claw-foot tub or modern soaking tub, it gives you an impact that will impress you forever. And since searching for the best can be difficult, from no-name brands to even high-end designer tubs Fuller’s, various designs may be confusing.
But depending on your budget, you will be able to find the best. And to achieve that, you need to read through our buying guide to find out more.
What is the difference between a sink faucet and a tub faucet?
Ideally, you should know that the sink and tub faucets are interchangeable. These are two systems designed to perform a specific task meaning they are to perform different tasks.
The main difference between the two is the flow rate. Bathtub faucets tend to have a large flow rate compared to the sink faucets, which is also contributed by each system’s capacity and performance.
How do I choose a bathtub faucet?
When selecting a bathtub faucet, you should have the following factors in mind:
Style and design
A freestanding tub filler may be single or double handle faucets. Single handle faucets use one handle for flow control of both cold and hot water. If you need a minimalist aesthetic, a sleek design, you need a single handle tub filler.
Double handle faucets have one handle for hot water and another for cold water. It is a perfect choice for any traditional freestanding bathtub.
When selecting a swivel spout, a rotating spout is worth it over a rigid spout. Go for one that rotates at 360 degrees as it is easier to control.
This factor depends on the tub rim thickness. It should be long enough to hang it over the bathtub.
It is the distance from the tip of the spout to the floor. It should be high enough to go round the tub rim that is at least 30 inches.
This feature is currently a must-have for any fully equipped bathtub filler. Its primary function is to increase tub filler use in your bathroom. It makes the whole system multi-functional.
1. Wowkk Waterfall Bathtub Faucet
With 1/2″ hot and cold water hoses for large water flow, you can customize Wowkk freestanding bathtub faucet as needed. What makes it best is the multifunction ability. That is a 360-degree swivel spout and a hand showered with a 150cm shower hose.
Its construction is also of high quality, therefore no inconveniences while in use. The chrome finish and brass material used ensures its reliability and durability while the sedal ceramic cartridge offers smooth and long-lasting operation while in use.
Lastly, its stable base design ensures that the faucet remains stable on the floor without causing any harm.
- High-quality construction therefore durable and reliable
- Multipurpose hand shower with 59 inches hoses
- Has a stable base design
- Can be customized as needed
- Worth its price
- Great customer service
- Drips for a while after turning it off, although it is a common problem
2. Artiqua Best Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
Artiqua freestanding bathtub faucet is one of the best, especially when it comes to performance and durability. It’s 1/2″ hose connection design enhances water flow for both hot and cold waterlines.
More so, the tripod base design makes it easy to bolt the faucet to the floor without straining. When it comes to solid brass construction and brushed nickel finished, we can rate it to have high durability.
Other items included in its package are a handheld shower with shower hose, mounting hardware, standing tube, and installation instructions.
- Easy installation method
- A flow rate of max 6 GPM tub spout and 2.6 GPM hand shower
- Comes fully packed hence the value of money
- Offers better water flow by use of sedal ceramic cartridge
- Offers stable tripod base design
- Great seller support
- The handheld shower may drip a little after you turn it off.
3. Fapully Best Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
The Fapully Bathtub Faucet is one of the best because of its ultra-contemporary styling. The free floor-mounted claw-foot tub faucet turns 90 degrees, bringing a clean and aesthetic appeal to your home.
The best part is that the ceramic disc cartridge survives 500,000 times both open and close test. Apart from that, ceramic engineering used will also provide control and convenience precision. You can rely on it as a cleaning and shower bathtub, therefore more convenient for use.
Lastly, the 360 degrees rotation will offer more room for Bathtub activities; consequently, you can even use it to wash your kids and much more.
- Installation instructions included
- It’s a freestanding bathtub faucet
- 150cm shower hose
- 85cm long hot and cold water hoses included
- Has the value of money
- High-quality construction, therefore, durable
- May come defective if not double-checked.
4. SHAMANDA Best Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
If you are interested in a not waterfall but brushed good, SHAMANDA is the best for you. Its main body and sturdy are of premium solid brass, therefore no corrosion hence more durable.
More so, its decorative color can match any type of bathroom decorations. What makes it best is the single lever handle design makes it effortless to control flow and temperature control, therefore convenient for daily use.
When it comes to installation, you have to screw the four bolts to install the tub filler, which is very simple and stable. In conclusion, you can use the tub filler faucet as a water spout to fill the bathtub or as a hand shower.
- Fashion brushed hold finish matches all bathroom decorations
- Reliable and robust hand shower
- Of brass construction, therefore, durable
- Has a Spout flow rate of max 8 GPM, which is reliable
- Floor mounted, therefore, simple installation method
5. Fapully Solid Brass Modern Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
Fapully store is known to produce the top best faucets, and this model also doesn’t disappoint. It is of solid brass construction to increase its reliability and durability.
More so, its finish is of high quality brushed nickel, also known to be corrosion resistant. What makes it best is its multi-functional modes.
You can use it in the flexible hose, spray mode, and stream mode, making it even more convenient for use, especially after that tiresome day. Its 360-degree rotation ability offers you more room for other Bathtub activities hence reliable.
- Has drip ceramic disc cartridge for long-lasting and smooth operation
- Multi-functional for various activities
- The flow/shut-off valve makes it convenient for use
- High-quality construction hence durable
- Floor mounted
- Complements any modern or contemporary looks
- May come defective
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE:
6. SHAMANDA Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
This SHAMANDA model is also one of the best freestanding bathtub faucets to consider because of its performance. Although it has the same features as the previously described model above, the difference comes in the spout flow rate.
This matte black, floor mount, FL901-7 bathtub faucet has max 6 GPM, which is lower but very convenient for use. More so, the water supply hose is 83cm with a 1/2″ connector making it desirable.
Therefore, with this model, the tub filler is easy to clean because of the matte black finish and has a modern high arc spout match your bathroom decoration.
- Has a powerful hand shower
- The matte black finish is easy to clean, therefore easy maintenance
- Brass construction hence durable
- You get 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Comes with installation instructions
7. JiaYouJia Brushed Nickel Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
When talking about quality, then JiaYouJia freestanding bathtub faucet takes the lead. That is because of its unique faucet accessories description that makes it even more outstanding than other products.
What makes it more striking is the backflow preventer-vacuum breaker making it more convenient for use. The waterfall spout with a flat opening will deliver a gentle sheet of water to fill the tub.
Additionally, it also has easy operation as the single handle offers precise water control while the square knob helps switch between the filler spout and hand shower.
- You get a 10-year warranty under residential use
- Offers excellent flexibility for bathing children or rinsing your body
- High-quality construction, therefore, durable
- Simple to use installation instructions
- Of modern design thus add elegance to your bathroom
- Customers complain about the low flow rate of 2gpm
8. Evelyne Floor Mount Bathtub Faucet
As its name suggests, the part of ultra faucets is of popular euro Collection. The shower system and faucet are of the brass body, zinc handle, and chrome finish, therefore durable and convenient for use.
Some of its unique features include a 40mm ceramic cartridge and neoperl aerator while the tub spout has a flow rate of 7 GPM at 80 psi max and 1.8 GPM for hand shower. Whatever the certification that you want, this model has complied with all of them, including CEC, CSA, and much more.
- Backed by ultra faucets limited lifetime warranty
- High flow rate, therefore convenient for use
- High-quality construction, therefore, durable
- One hole installation and rough-in kit included
- Single function shower handle
- Stylish and worth the price
9. AYIVG Bathroom Brass Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
Offering a tub spout flow of 6 GPM and 2.5GPM for the handheld shower, AYIVG is one of the best freestanding bathtub faucets to consider. It is of brass construction with a brushed gold finish to prevent it from corrosion and resist tarnishing while in use, therefore durable.
More so, the tripod base design ensures that the faucet remains stable on the floor. It has the hot and cold waterlines of 1/2″ hose connection design to avoid inconveniences for better water flow.
Lastly, this best freestanding bathtub faucet is multi-functional with a 360-degree swivel spout; therefore, it can effectively meet all your bathroom needs.
- High-quality construction with gold brushed finish, therefore, durable
- Multi-functional use
- Stable tripod base design
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Mounting hardware and installation instructions included
- The handle may be leaky
10. JiaYouJia Best Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
This model of JiaYouJia freestanding bathtub faucet tends to be if the higher quality compared to the rest. It has a waterfall extended spout with a flat opening to fill the tubs quickly.
It has a single lever handle for temperature and flows control for easy operation while the square knob diverted water from the spout to the hand shower. That makes it very simple for everyone to use in the family.
More so, it’s construction is of high quality. That is a lead-free solid brass body construction, gold finish corrosion-resistant, therefore durable enough.
- The tub spout had 6 GPM flow rate while the hand shower had 2.0 GPM
- Mounting hardware and waterlines included
- Has a single handle and diverter knob for easy operation
- 60″ stainless steel hose for more flexibility
- May not be super sturdy
Why is my bathtub faucet running slow?
There are various reasons your bathtub faucet may be running low, so it is best to make a systematic approach to the problem. First, check all faucets in your house to determine if the problem is contained or widespread. If it is a one faucet problem, then fixing is easy.
That is because it may be due to clogged aerators, water valves, and water tank issues. If solving all the three problems doesn’t solve the case, then the problem may be at the pipes leading to the faucets. It may be either leaking or corroded somewhere along the path.
What causes a leaky bathtub faucet?
Many people complain about leaky bathtub faucet that can’t be turned off. When that happens, it means there is a problem with the washer. Washers are rings like resembling rubber bands and are rigid and thicker.
But what makes it leak?
Although they are watertight seals at the beginning, with time, they will crack or wear out. Meaning, once it is compromised, there will be no way to hold the water back. They are thus leading to leaks and drips. However, other leaks may be due to problems with the pipe or stem or even grout and tile.
How do you stop a dripping bathtub faucet?
There are many ways to stop a dripping bathtub faucet, but first, let’s begin from the basics while going upwards.
. First, turn the handle to the off position to stop the water flow. If it doesn’t shut off the water entirely, you have to replace the seats and seat washers.
. If the shut-off valves for the tub are accessible, turn off the tub faucet water supply. If you don’t have access, turn the main water supply off or shut it off at the meter.
Then, to access the washer, prie off the handle inserts and take the screws beneath off. Disconnect the handles from the stems. If it is corroded, you may need tools to pull them without damaging. Professionals do most of this part, but you can still do it with appropriate tools.
We hope that our research has helped you come to the best decision when buying the best freestanding bathtub faucet.
But, since you know what suits you best, we leave the purchasing decision for you, and we hope you get one that meets your budget, style, and bathroom decor. All you need to do is follow our guidelines to the fullest for the best results.